Fortinet FortiGate next generation firewall virtual appliances provide proven security while realizing the flexibility and benefits of VM-based packaging: unmatched ROI, rapid provisioning, east-west traffic visibility, unlimited scalability, and consolidation.
Fortinet FortiGate virtual appliances can be tightly orchestrated with hypervisors, cloud management, and SDN controllers through purpose-built integration or with FortiGate Connectors.
Fortinet FortiGate virtualized firewalls (NGFW) enable and secure your enterprise with:
– Top-rated protection tested by NSS Labs, Virus Bulletin, and AV Comparatives
– Deep visibility and granular control of applications, devices, and users
– Flexible licensing and provisioning to support on-demand consumption models
– Simplified security with easy-to-manage, single-platform solution
– Actionable reports to enforce policies, understand targeted attacks, and meet compliance
– Support for all major hypervisor, cloud, and SDN platforms
FortiGate-VM is certified to be compatible with vCloud Director and listed on the compatibility page
FortiGate-VM is also certified to be VMware vCloud NFV Ready, with VNF compatibility on VMware vSphere. Fortinet and VMware can jointly provide an agile and secure platform for service delivery with greater security agility and customization.
The NFV-enabled solution gives you the freedom to choose the security components and network elements from FortiGate to meet your needs:
• Support multiple Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs)
• Combine physical and virtual network elements for a cohesive service offering
• Deliver virtual CPE (vCPE), virtualized provider edge and virtualized advanced security.
- Rich feature set to protect next generation networks with application control, built-in wireless controller, local logging, and endpoint policy enforcement.
- Deep visibility and granular control of applications, devices, and users
- Flexible licensing and provisioning to support on-demand consumption models