SoftEther VPN Server implements SSL-VPN (Ethernet over HTTPS) protocol for very fast throughput, low latency, and firewall resistance. Built-in NAT-traversal penetrates your network admin’s troublesome firewall for overprotection. You can set up your own VPN server behind the firewall or NAT in your company, and you can reach that VPN server in the corporate private network from your home or mobile place, without any modification of firewall settings. Any deep-packet inspection firewalls cannot detect SoftEther VPN’s transport packets as a VPN tunnel, because SoftEther VPN uses Ethernet over HTTPS for camouflage.
Easy to imagine, design and implement your VPN topology with SoftEther VPN. It virtualizes Ethernet by software-enumeration. SoftEther VPN Client implements Virtual Network Adapter, and SoftEther VPN Server implements Virtual Ethernet Switch. You can easily build both Remote-Access VPN and Site-to-Site VPN, as the expansion of Ethernet-based L2 VPN. Of course, traditional IP-routing L3 based VPN can be built by SoftEther VPN.
SoftEther VPN has strong compatibility with today’s most popular VPN products. It has the interoperability with OpenVPN, L2TP, IPsec, EtherIP, L2TPv3, Cisco VPN Routers, and MS-SSTP VPN Clients. SoftEther VPN is the world’s only VPN software that supports SSL-VPN, OpenVPN, L2TP, EtherIP, L2TPv3, and IPsec, as a single VPN software.
SoftEther VPN is an optimum alternative to OpenVPN and Microsoft’s VPN servers. SoftEther VPN has a clone-function of OpenVPN Server. You can integrate from OpenVPN to SoftEther VPN smoothly. SoftEther VPN is faster than OpenVPN. SoftEther VPN also supports Microsoft SSTP VPN for Windows Vista / 7 / 8. No more need to pay expensive Windows Server license-fee for Remote-Access VPN function.
SoftEther VPN can be used to realize BYOD (Bring your own device) on your business. If you have smartphones, tablets or laptop PCs, SoftEther VPN’s L2TP/IPsec server function helps you to establish a remote-access VPN from remote to your local network. SoftEther VPN’s L2TP VPN Server has strong compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.
* Features of SoftEther VPN Server – Easy to establish both remote-access and site-to-site VPN. – SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to pass through NATs and firewalls.
– Revolutionary VPN over ICMP and VPN over DNS features.
– Resistance to the highly-restricted firewall.
– Ethernet-bridging (L2) and IP-routing (L3) over VPN.
– Embedded dynamic-DNS and NAT-traversal so that no static nor fixed IP address is required.
– AES 256-bit and RSA 4096-bit encryptions.
– Sufficient security features such as logging and firewall inner VPN tunnel.
– 1Gbps-class high-speed throughput performance with low memory and CPU usage.
– Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows Phone are supported as a VPN client.
– SSL-VPN (HTTPS) and 6 major VPN protocols (OpenVPN, IPsec, L2TP, MS-SSTP, L2TPv3, and EtherIP) are all supported as VPN tunneling underlay protocols.
– The OpenVPN clone function supports legacy OpenVPN clients.
– IPv4 / IPv6 dual-stack. – The VPN server runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Mac OS X.
– Configure All settings on GUI. – Multi-languages (English, Japanese, and Simplified-Chinese).
– More details at Specification.